Friday, October 3, 2008

Home sweet home!!!................in two weeks

Well, we've done it! Yup, we've finally put a deposit on a house in Clearfield somewhat near Steve's (my brother for you who may not know)house. More importantly, it is extremely close to Pace's Place - Chad, the rouge brother of Pace's Dairy Ann fame, broke off of the family business and opened his own store (he has three now, actually). The upshot is that his is not a dump spiraling down a never ending drain, a la Bountiful Pace's Dairy Ann. Anywho, that means unlimited access to rainbow's and astro bars!


Oh, so the house. Well, we don't have any pictures of it, but here is a picture of a nearly exact replica of it.


It is a charming little house with 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms. It also has a fully fenced back yard with an enjoyable deck... for entertaining and grillin' ribs! Always comes back to food for me. Hmmm. It seems like a nice little place for us for the time being.


Frankly speaking, we're having a tough time with coming home. Not that we don't want to, don't get me wrong, it's just a big change for us. As much as I'm sick of school I am comfortable with it. I'm good at going to class everyday and sitting for hours, feigning interest, taking a note or two, sitting in the library pretending to study but actually checking all the blogs on the interweb, then coming home to my family. It's a good life. As difficult as it was for Challene to get settled, she did. It's nice to rely on the fellowship of the ward until you can make friends. She ended up finding friends that she'll keep for a lifetime. Ethan is betrothed to his two best friends right now. Joshy's known nothing but Oregon. It will be an adjustment to the Utah way of life.


You know, Oregon is quite similar to Utah. All you have to do is switch the church building on every corner in Utah with a bar and/or other house of ill-repute and you've got Portland! However, we will miss being two hours from the ocean and the waterfalls. I love the ocean... there's nothing like it. We'll always have a piece of our hearts here in Portland.


That being said, it is now official, we will be moving on October 18th. Mike and Katie have graciously offered some of their vacation time to help us drive home. Anyone available to help us pack the moving truck on Friday we welcome the help. Anyone available to help unpack the truck on Saturday and/or Monday we welcome the help. We hope to arrive in Utah at 6 or 7 Saturday night.
That's it for now.

11 comments:

Amy said...

What happened to the 25th??? Are you trying to make me cry? I almost started crying when I saw the title of your post! Sheesh!!! Okay, I'm alright now!

Congrats!!! I bet that's the best feeling!

Mike said...

Get ready you guys! We are going to have a hip hoppin' time on our road trip home. I hope you get a big yellow truck again. The one we used to get you to Portland was fantastic... especially when we got it stuck in your apartment complex.

Jeff and Amy said...

That is way exciting! It is like real life is starting, which I can see will be a bit scary, but I just can't wait until we are there too.

Linds said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I'm not happy for you. I'm depressed for me. I'm not going to pretend to be ok with this like Amy, she's in denial. THE 18TH!!!!???!?!? That's WAY too soon. I just can't take this! Sure, sure I'm happy you get to be in a house, and that's it. So you, Will, get to break the news to Liza that this Sunday is the last Sunday she will get to play with Ethan in Nursery. This was all your doing Will, so you get to tell her. Oh, I'm so sad!!

Holly Lujan said...

Wow! I almost started to cry to. I'm so sad that you are all leaving. I am still having a hard time deciding if we should stay here in Oregon or return to Utah. I am SO glad that you found a house. I am really excited for you guys. Congrats!

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

Yeah!!! We are so happy to have you back in Utah, not that we didn't enjoy our visit up to Portland to see you but we are so happy to be able to see you on a regular basis. We have missed our friends. We would love to help you with the unpacking but unfortunatley we will be in St. George that weekend. We will have to get together when you are settled. I'm so happy you found a house. Love you guys and can't wait to see you. - Lauralee, Quinn and Emma

Melissa Turner said...

Congratulations, I am so happy for you. I hope we get to see you soon after you get here. Spencer will be out of town that weekend so I don't think I'd be too much help to you unloading your truck with three kids.

Meg&CC said...

We were just talking about you guys being home in a couple of weeks and how it must be so hard to leave those who have been your family for the past four years. We are so glad that you will be "home" but are sorry for the sadness this move will cause. Hope your trip home is uneventful and quick.

The Hill Family said...

Congrat; I love your new house, I am so jealous!! Hopefully we'll get to move into one soon. We will miss you so much!!! Keep in touch! At least we will always have blogs!

Heather said...

Challene please look me up when you are settled I would love to see you and meet your boys in person. Good Luck with the huge task of moving.

Unknown said...

I'm excited to see you all again!! We'll have to get together to talk about the reception music will!