Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Open Casting call!







Open casting call for the movie






TWILIGHT!

So I am absolutly absessed with the Twilight series books and I found out they were filming in Portland and thought it would so much fun to go and watch them film. However I always check out Stephenie Meyer's web page and I found out they were having an Open casting call for extras (background people) and just about had a stroke I just could not resist going. So I talked to my friends Lindsey and Amy and they said sure will go with you. So we headed out to downtown Portland around 2:30 (it was from 1-5pm) and we got our #'s 858, 589, and 860. At that time they were only around 200 and they were calling groups of 20. So we went to the holding area. First off it stunk! Secondly it was just a large whare house white walls and a cement floor nothing to sit on or lean against. So we stood until our backs hurt and sat untill our butts were sore cold and numb and rotated like this until our numbers were called. Thirdly we were surounded by around a thousand teenagers. BUT WE HAD A BLAST! It was a once in a life time opportunity to try to be an extra in a movie and I was able to share that with two great friends. Anyways we had four hours to chit chat with out interruptions from our kids. IT WAS GREAT!


Here we are arn't we cute! Not the greatest picture but it was a camara phone what do you expect. From left: Amy, me (DUH) and Lindsey

This picture really is not of Lindsey and me it is actully of the couple between and behind us. Talk about some nasty PDA!

Cullen's Family
Here is a picture of the Vampire family the Cullens for the movie Twilight. From left: Emmet, Roselie, Esme, Edward, Carlisle, Alice and Jasper.

And I can not leave out the fact that Will also applied online to be in the movie and he so far is the only one who has gotten a call back. Yes you heard me right, even though me and my friends sat around for 4 hours at the casting call Will is the one who got contacted. NO I AM NOT JEALOUS AT ALL!!!!! No I am really happy for him but he is pretty sure he blew it. So he said he got a call monday morning asking if he could come in to get a photo on file and he was like sure when do you need me. Then they asked if he was willing to die his hair blond he was like sure. Then they were like you do have shoulder length hair and he was like no it is actually quite short. Thats when they said Oh well let be talk to so and so and we will get back to you. Well so far they have not gotten back. Will is bumbed. He actually applied for Carlisle I guess thier stats are pretty close (height and weight). I actually put in to be a stand in for Bella the main charter as well but I am actually shorter then she is so that probably will not happen. Anyways kudos to Will for getting a call back. Also the word got out about this around school for Will and now everybody calls him Carlisle. Pretty funny.
So I guess it just wait and see for now. Don't worry we won't forget the little people when were famous Ha Ha. Well it's been an adventure so far. Me and my friends think that the odds might be in our favor. We really were the only ones that were in our 20's the rest were teenagers and there parents. Well I definately will keep everybody updated on our status of becoming famous.




5 comments:

Linds said...

That's too bad about Will. I guess he should have just come and stood with us for four hours. J/K!

Colleen said...

Challene: I'm glad you went and had a good time with your friends. I think it's good to ocassionally get out and do something different. Why not. . .they have to pick a bunch of people to be extras in scenes. But you know you and your friends are old enough to play teachers in their high school!?! Ha Ha. Cudos to you and your friends. I do hope you get a chance to at least be an extra for a day! Love ya!

Cindy said...

Sounds like you had fun at any rate. Should have had Will tell them that he has a brother who has about that long of hair. :)

Cindy said...

Just discovered that the guy who plays Edward was Cedric Diggery in Harry Potter 4. I liked him in that.

Katie said...

I love Twilight! How fun for you! I wonder why they're shooting in Portland and not in Washington? Did I ever tell you that Michael and I have been to Forks, WA? Beautiful place ... didn't see any vampires or werewolves though ... The movie ought to be interesting. I'm not sure I like all their picks for the Cullen family though ...