A lot of you were very curious but a bit hesitant that Grocery Smarts was really going to save me any money when I started this program. Well now it has been officially a month since I started doing Grocery Smarts so I thought I would give a report of how it is going.
Remember before I started this program I would just go to the store (Walmart) and buy what was on my grocery list no matter if it was on sale or not.
I really wish I would have taken a picture of my pantry before I started this program because it was so bare, but now I am starting to struggle with finding spots for all of the things I am able to get for dirt cheap let alone FREE! Needless to say I love the program.
Today alone I got 5 vitamin waters for FREE!! Last Wednesday I got 5 Quaker Quakes for FREE!!! Today I got a Venus Shaver with refills for FREE!!! That shaver alone was worth $10.99! Every week I get name brand cereal for under a dollar. I really could go on and on about my awesome deals. You know there is nothing like getting Free stuff!
Granted I did spend the same amount of money this month as I have in the past but I got way more for my money! Hence the reason I would have liked to have posted a picture of my bare pantry before all of this. I also know that once I get my food storage a bit more stocked up I will be even more picky about what I get so I know that my monthly grocery bill will go down.
Shopping this way has changed our eating habits and not necessarily for the good with the food being all boxed or frozen but I am trying to work out this kink. But again once we get our food storage base I can spend the majority of our monthly grocery bill on just the perishables, like fruits and veggies.
Also shopping this way does take more time and preparation but it is so worth it. I am getting much faster at it and again it has only been a month.
Anyways long story short. Grocery Smarts is going great for the Green Family we give it 5 Stars!
Here is a link to the site if anybody is interested
http://grocerysmarts.com/ and here is the passport code if you want to do it
g84caa
Good Luck!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Grocery Smarts Update
Posted by Living Green at 4/20/2009 09:09:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Now does this work anywhere in the United States or just where you live? I think that it sounds like a wonderful idea and glad that someone came up with it too.
How many newspapaers do you get for the coupons?
Monica
I now that my passport code only works for Utah. But I think that Grocery Smarts can be used for any area in the US you will just have to track down a code for your area.
Michelle
I get 5 news papers every sunday because Grocery smarts says you should get at least one per family member in your house. However there was a deal to get 5 (FYI I pay around $18.00 for 5 papers every sunday for a month).
How did you find your code for Utah?
i am totally signing up for this now!
I actually went to a class. One of the girls in my ward works for Grocery Smarts or the Standard Examiner (The paper I get for the majority of my manufactured coupons)
I still need to get around to trying it out. When I do, I'll let you know what I think. It sure sounds great.
totally agree! I havent spent much less than normal but my cupboards are exploding with food!
Post a Comment