Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dyson Vacuum review


Dyson DC 28 Animal

with "Air Muscle" technology

I have had my dyson for a little over a month now, so here is my review.

Pros

  • It’s not loud (I think I lost some hearing with my last vacuum).
  • It works well on both carpets and hard floors.
  • It has a great canister that empties easily with little mess.
  • The vacuum has not lost any suction, not even with a fairly full canister.
  • Will likes the long cord.

Cons

  • It does not go under furniture. It has a really large base that just doesn’t fit.
  • It doesn’t pick up large things easily. If you want it to pick up anything large (for example: popcorn kernels or rice crispy cereal) it works better if you use the backward motion instead of the forward motion to get them. I don't know if this is necessarily a true "con" since it still does an amazing job.
  • The plug comes out of the wall way too easily. This is by far my biggest complaint.
  • I’m not sure I like the fact that if I want to use the hose I have to unwind the whole cord every time.
  • I’m not sure I like it, but I am getting used to the fact that you have to step on the front of it to get it into the release mode to vacuum. I have always had a release button on the back of the vacuum.
  • As far as the attachments go I haven't used the small one at all. The large one is for hard floors and I just don't like that I have to bend over to get it at the right angle on the floor. It hurts my back. So I just don't use it. The vacuum picks up on the hard floors just fine with out this attachment.

I realize I have more cons than pros but I think this stems from the fact that Dyson's vow they are the best so my expectations are way way high. Also we paid a lot so I want my money's worth. Don’t get me wrong none of the cons really bother me that much. I have just had to re adjust how I do things a little bit. And the most, most important thing is that it sucks stuff up... that makes me feel like I have not wasted my time like I did with my other vacuums.


Challene

1 comments:

Linds said...

Yay for a Dyson! I'm WAY jealous!! I think that you are one of those people who won't be satisfied until you own a Kirby. Am I right? Anyway, thanks for the review.