I had this other video of Ethan singing songs that I thought I would share.
So, what's up with us? Schools out for break. I finished my last final (still don't know for sure if I passed or not) and we are loving our time together as a family. In addition to my normal finals I had OSCE's to do. What are OSCE's? I don't know what they stand for. I can't remember. But essentially it is an entrance exam to the Out Patient Clinic. If I had not taken the split, I would be starting there next quarter. I still have to finish 9th quarter before I can start, though. But, timing wise this was when I was supposed to take the OSCE's. It's a big practical exam. There are 20 stations and you have five minutes in each room with a one minute prep time between rooms. Each room has a practical test in it. Some of the tests were: Take a chief complaint history on a 34 year old woman with neck pain. ( I had to do one on a woman with chest pain! Can you say referral?) You suspect spinal cord damage, perform a neuro exam on this low back patient. This chronic disc hernia patient needs core exercises, instruct and evaluate this patient in the quadriped track. Perform the following adjustments. Etc. There were a few stations to read x-rays and CTs. and there were a few stations with just follow-up questions about the previous station (likely diagnosis, lab tests, etc.) It actually went very well for me. I passed all but one station (I think it was the lab test station -- Who would of known that albumin is a better marker for liver inflammation than ALP/AST! Actually I should have). But, I needed to pass minimum 14/20 stations and get minimum 1400/2000 points. I did both! I'm pretty happy about that.
So, here we are in our little abode waiting for the holidays. We decorated yesterday, which was interesting. This is the first real time we've decorated with toddlers around. Previous years we didn't bother since we just came down to Utah for the holiday. This year is different, though, so we thought we'd decorate. Ethan would get so excited when he saw Christmas lights or a tree or anything, so we had to do it. It was a royal pain. They got into everything! We had visions of a happy little family singing along to christmas carols while gently placing ornaments on the tree. Yeah, right! Wake up call! We ended up stopping and waiting for them to go to bed before we finished. They still like to touch everything. I had to sit in front of the tree today just to block the kids from touching it. Josh has already tried to eat two ornamental balls. We got him, though. Only managed to scrape the paint off with his teeth. Hmmm... better check that for lead...
Well, I wont bore you anymore with my stuff. Happy Holidays!!!!!!

2 comments:
Well, that is about as sweet as anything I have ever seen...
By the way, do you ever put clothes on those boys? The only videos I have seen of your kids are in their underwear!
Thank you for putting the video up so that I can see the boys. It let's me see their cute little actions and how much they are growing. I miss them so much. Can't wait until you all are home. And, Will, congratulations on finishing another quarter of school! And, Challene, congratulations on still being employed at Curves! MERRY CHRISTMAS! Love you all.
Post a Comment