Well, we went to the mall the other day with our friends The Marshall's. Our main goal for going was to have the kids see Santa Claus. Ethan will be three in January so he's just catching on to the whole Christmas thing. He's loving it, though. Every time we drive by some lights he yells, "Christmas!". We went to "Peacock Lane" yesterday. This is a street where all the houses decorate quite elaborately. Ethan loved it. Even though it was raining he had to have his window down to have a clear view of all the houses. "But aren't you getting wet Ethan?" we'd query. "Yeah, but... I just... I wanna see the lights." he'd reply without looking at us. Joshy enjoyed it too. Every once in a while he'd point and "ooo" at something.
But I digress. Went to the mall with the Marshalls to see Santa. Little Gwen and Ethan are the cutest of friends. They love to hold hands and play together. Here's a little shot of them in line touching the Christmas Tree. They also had a mirror there that made you all short and squatty which they enjoyed. I stood behind them and starting to do the "We represent the Lollipop Guild" dance when I realized that unless you were directly behind me looking at the mirror at the perfect angle you probably had no idea what I was doing. I stopped immediately scanning the area for anyone looking at me. I think I got away with it. Phew!
This is Joshy and Chloe. Adorable!
Afterwards we gathered in the food court for some eating. I had a Philly Cheese steak (delish!). Of course there was a children's arcade next to the tables so all the kids did was say, "I wanna go play!" and not eat there food. After many idle threats and forced feedings we released them to go play. Either there has been an arcade time warp or I've lost touch with reality because these things were expensive! The pic below is Ethan and Gwen on a roller-coaster simulation ride where there is a screen to watch as if you're on a roller coaster and the contraption itself moves loosely to the ride. I figured that for a buck it would move pretty good. Plus there was a bar to hold and a seat belt. I thought it would be well worth the dollar. Sadly, all it did was roll forward or backward. So you either had to be going up a hill or down to have the seat move at all. Ah, well. Just look at those smiles. Well worth the dollar right?
Hey, who are those sexy love birds?
Well, that's it for the Santa visit. Here it is Christmas Eve and the kids are in bed. We actually get to play Santa this year which is exciting. We get to eat the cookie (Challene already ate it) and drink the milk (I put it back in the fridge so it wouldn't get warm). We get to lay out presents and hang the candy canes on the Christmas Tree as to prove that Santa had actually come. It should be fun... should be. Sadly, Challene, Ethan, and Joshua are all sick! Yes, sick! The kids have been sick for almost a week and Challene for a couple of days. I guess I'm right behind her. It hasn't been much more than a cough until tonight. Ethan started throwing up tonight. I'm talking big-boy throw-up. Many many many times too. We had many plans that we didn't end up doing, mostly because we've been cleaning up barf from our couches, the floor, all around the toilet bowl and so forth. The poor guy. Joshy threw-up tonight too. Ugh! Merry Christmas, indeed. We've been invited by the Marshalls to a delectable Christmas brunch at his parents house. I hope that we'll be able to go! We'll see.
Well, have a holly, jolly Christmas everyone!

5 comments:
We sure missed you tonight! Too bad you are all sick. Maddy just barely got over her illness. Crazy stuff. Have a great Christmas.
I missed you guys too. It just didn't seem right not having you here. I miss the kids too. When are you moving back to Utah?
That's such a cute picture of you guys! I hope you had a great Christmas! We did miss you! It's just not quite the same without all the crazy Green boys!
...still waiting for some new pictures ...
I think that is really neat that you all went to "Peacook Lane!" My family use to do that when we lived there; one of my favorite memories. I'm glad that now someone else knows about it too.
Post a Comment