AHEM!!!
So... what, it's been a little while has it not? Boy, even Katie's little nudging couldn't get us to post any quicker. But you were patient and now you have the distinct pleasure of having a long picutre-full post. I hope you enjoy it.
Christmas is over. I sure enjoyed it. Challene, Ethan, and Joshua on the other hand were sick! Ethan and Josh were just sick during the holiday proper and Challene is still getting over it! It has not been fun. Ethan sure was cute during Christmas, though. He woke up Christmas morning near 2:00 a.m. to throw up (he'd been up every couple of hours to do that) when he noticed that Santa had come. He was so excited. Later that morning when we were opening presents he kept saying, "Oh my gosh! Santa came daddy. Look what Santa brought mommy! Oh my gosh!" It really was quite adorable.
So Challene was pretty much sleeping her life away for the entire Christmas break. She was so sick. She went to the doctor recently and he said she had bronchitis. I felt somewhat slighted because I kept forgetting my stethascope at school so I couldn't hear the pathognomonic rhonchi. She was able to get her antibiotics and it seems to be helping... so far.
School started early this month. I'm in my 9th quarter right now (actually the final 2/3 of 9th quarter since I took the split). Starting 10th quarter I will be moved to the Out Patient Clinic (OPC)! That's me treating the public. This is people with actual problems. People trusting me with their conditions. I just took a two hour test-o-death on Friday to see if I qualify for entering the OPC. It was a brutal test. If it would have been multiple choice I would have aced it, but it was short answer. I hate short answer. I know the answer, but pulling it out of my head is difficult for me. So, we'll see if I need to retake the test in a few weeks when they get it graded. I'll update everyone on my classes soon. I know you're all dying to hear what I'm taking. Incidentally, I have been given the opportunity (assuming I pass my test) to enter the OPC this quarter. 5 interns from each clinician will be sent to the OPC early to help ease the patient transition from the graduating class to the new interns. There are specific requirements that have to be fulfilled to be able to go and I don't think I'm going to get them done in time. It has been a very busy quarter so far and I haven't been able to get everything done that I've wanted/needed. I'm not too bummed about it, though.
So that's an update in a nutshell. Let's move to some pictures.
Lately, when we're trying to put Joshy down for bed he'll try to play with us. I think he likes the one-on-one time. He actually grabs our hands and puts them on him in his ticklish spots (under the chin, ribs 8 and 9, under the arms, and just under the middle of his collar bone). He is so much fun. Everyone at church just loves the little guy. He's almost 16 months old which is to old to be with Mommy and Daddy in Sunday School, but to young for nursery so Challene and I have been staying with him in the nursery. He just beems at everyone and plays so cute. I sure love my little Joshy.
This was Christmas Eve. Ethan was helping make the cookies to set out for Santa. He really got into it.
I just really liked this picture. I liked Ethan trying to do it on his own and I liked Challene coaching him through it.
More cookies. They're getting ready to bake them.
Well, I suppose that's it for now. I think we have some actual Christmas pictures in the works for a future blog. So there's something to look forward to. Until then, have a wonderful day.

3 comments:
Will and Challene, we thank you for your post. We are grateful you are all well again. Keep the pictures coming, it is always good to catch up on my nephews who are so far away.
Good luck on your short answer test. I hope you passed so you can begin your OPC (sp?).
K. that is all. Good bye.
Yeah, new pics! So cute! I love seeing how big my nephews are getting!
ME TOO - I love seeing the new pictures. I agree with Mike and Katie that it's so great seeing the boys (you guys too, but ya know)!
I miss my grandsons so much. I can't wait to have them here full time so I can love on them and spoil them! Can't wait.
Good Luck (not that you really need any), Will, on all your upcoming tests.
I want to wish an early Happy Birthday to Will and Ethan coming up here real soon! Wish we could have a big party for the two of you, but I promise we'll plan a big shindig next year at this time!
TAKE CARE!
Post a Comment