Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Splish Splash

Blue Lake Water Park
So, it was pretty darn warm over here about 3 weeks ago. We're talking upwards of triple digits. We felt that a trip to the local Blue Lake Water Park was definately in order. I guess it's not so much a water park as it is a "kiddy-water-fun-zone". Our kids were too young to actually swim in the lake, so this worked out well.

Joshy, my usually water loving son, wouldn't go near the splash zone for quite some time. It wasn't until I showed him the fun of stopping up the water streams with your feet, only to let them build up back pressure enough that when once release an incredible stream of water would shoot across the diameter of the "fun-zone". Joshy just liked stopping the water.
Ethan, my usually water hating son, was loving it from the get-go. He and Liza (seen here) were inseparable the entire day. They'd go play for 10 minutes, get towelled off, then go play some more. good times.

Pre-towelling.
My brown-eyed boy.
We told him it was time to eat lunch, so he went and sat at a table and waited patiently for his food (something he never does at home). Only thing is, we were picnicking on the ground. Someone else had planned on using this table.
Here's Joshy unstopping a water-stream only to get Ethan in the face. The love of a sibling...

I suppose that's it. We had fun and this post was a long time coming. I really have nothing more to say, so I'll stop here.

3 comments:

Linds said...

That was a lot of fun. We need to go again.

Amy said...

At least Josh eventually went into the water rather than circling the park aimlessly the entire time! Maybe next time Chloe will actually be brave enough to get a little wet!

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

That picture of Josh unleashing a spray of water directly into Ethan's face = priceless. These are the moments that define siblings -- specifically brothers. I wish I had a picture of the time when Kyle hit me in the forehead with a baseball or the time I punched him in the braces.

Quinn