Friday, November 21, 2008

"Twilight"

Will and I saw "Twilight" last night and had a blast. We arrived 2 1/2 hours early for the 12:01am showing and we were still towards the end of the line. Come to find out the first person arrived at 11:00am to get the first spot. Crazy! I know I am obsessed but obviously not the worst out there. The funny thing is it was a Dude! Some really great husband went to save a spot for his wife. At least that was his story. Maybe he really was a closet super fan. Anyways we still ended up getting some pretty great seats.
So here is Challene's critique of the movie:

I promise no spoilers, well except one really little one! But if you read the books I couldn't spoil it if I tried. So here goes.
It definately was not as good as the books. It felt like a rushed version of the book. But I am sure if they put evey detail of the book in the movie it would have been like a 12 hour movie or even 9 months long because that is the real time span of the book. But it was still a really good movie. I found it to be somewhat corny, this was due to certain lines said and the way they choose to portray the vampire's super human abilities. I also felt sometimes the music took away from the scenes. Don't get me wrong I really like the music, I own the sound track, it just felt to loud and over bearing in a couple spots. Not to mention the glitter sound they made when Edward shows himself to Bella for the first time in the sun. That was the worst for me. All in all though I really really liked the movie. I am being very nit picky here. Oh and I almost forgot and yes this is some what of a spoiler so if you don't want to hear it don't read any farther. Stephenie Meyer was in it.


Robert Pattinson and Kristin Stewart at the LA premier.
And last but not least I have bad news! Will was cut from the movie. Sorry Will, as jealous as I was I am really sorry you weren't there.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Man, I was excited to see Will in it. Oh well, I will go see it tomorrow with just a little less enthusiasm. I'm glad you liked it!

Slacker said...

Well maybe he will be in the deleted scenes on the DVD. Now you have a reason to buy the disc, (like there was a chance that you wouldn't).

Meg&CC said...

I really found it was better the second time. To keep peace in the family, I went with my mom on Friday and Dave on Saturday. The corny stuff didn't seem so bad the second time, I think because you know it is coming, but I don't know. Anyway, sorry Will that you were cut, we were really hoping for you.

Linds said...

Ok, I finally saw it. Now I'm able to read your blog. You are being nit picky, but that's ok. I LOVED it! I thought they nailed it. Just LOVED it!!

Jessie said...

I saw Twilight but never read the books so I think that is why I REALLY liked the movie! But now I am obsessed with Edward and want to read them all!!