Tuesday, January 27, 2009 was Ethan's 4th birthday. I cannot believe he's so old. His primary presidency dropped off a delicious oversized red velvet cupcake for him. You can see the want on Joshy's face.
Boy, that's a big cupcake.
Joshy and me. Not sure exactly how or why this one got in here.
So, we had a party for Ethan on Saturday. He had some friends from Oregon (Gwen and Chloe Marshall) come. Plus, Amelia Johnson, Brooklin and Ryan Giddings, and Peyton and Bryton Harrison. It was a wild crowd, but they were good for the most part. The party theme was based on the Backyardigans. A cartoon featured on Nickelodeon. We don't have Nickelodeon, but the Marshall's did. In a sick and twisted act of guised friendship they gave us a copy of some of the episodes. 18 annoying mind-clinging songs later Ethan was hooked. The party was specifically based on Pablo, the propeller beanie, bow-tie sporting, duly recognized quasi-leader of the group, blue penguin.
Here we have Joshy donned with a phantom of the opera style blindfold affixing Pablo's bow-tie to his ample belly. Peyton, in a truly selfless act, was ensuring Joshy's sticker fixing.
Group Shot! From the left: Josh, Bryton, Gwen, and Brooklin.
Ah, presents. His grandparents spoiled him beyond belief. He ate up every minute of it, too!
I'll admit it. Sometimes, I'm jealous of my kids' toys. The Marshall's gave Ethan this nerf popper gun. I lovingly dubbed it, "The Enforcer" a not-so-tongue-in-cheek reference to my threat to popping the kids if they act up. Didn't take, though.
You faithful blog followers will know of Challene's ill-founded passion for creating special birthday cakes for our children. Ill-founded, I believe, is an apt description in my opinion because of the hassle it takes on her... and indirectly, me. However, the cakes are such a hit it usually makes up for it in the end. Here we have the Pablo cake. I thought she did a wonderful job. She wasn't so happy with it. The kids loved it, though. Bravo Challene!
Singing Happy Birthday. John Marshall and I sang the high part at the end, a la Michael Scott from The Office.
What better way to end a birthday than by a decapitation? Poor Pablo, didn't even see it coming. Word was that his torso kept twitching for an hour after the head was removed. Those fad-fangled Nickelodeon animated penguins just don't know when to quit!Happy birthday, Ethan!

6 comments:
We're so glad we were able to come! It was good to see you guys! Glad Ethan likes his gun!!!
Challene,
I don't know what your worried about, that cake was adorable! I loved it. Great job. Looks like a great party. Did you and Will chase eachother around the house with the toy gun after the kids went to bed? : )
I am always amazed at the cakes that you make for birthdays. I so want to learn how to do that too. Do you follow a pattern or do you just make it up yourself? Also, Will is scary with a knife for sure!
We love Backyardigans in our house too. Your cake was awesome. Way better than I could ever do. What a good Mom you are.
I am so JEALOUS!!! I wish with all my heart we could have been there. This is the first b-day that we've missed and I am so sad. Miss you guys SO much!! Anyway, glad the party was a hit even without us. And well done Challene, the cake was AWESOME!!
Wow, the cake is awesome I don't know how you do it. I wish we could have been there, Jessica was sad when she saw the pictures.
Post a Comment