Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Birthday Boy!

Will's 30!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's actually Ethan's birthday today (HAPPY BIRTHDAY my big 4 year old, I will blog about it after his party on Saturday) but Will turned 30 on Sunday so I thought I would blog about that first. For the life of me I could not get Will to tell me what he wanted to do for his birthday. I asked and asked and asked and all I got was "I dunno!" I had already used up my surprise party idea for his graduation so that was out. It's his 30th so I was trying so hard to figure out something great to do, but I was getting no help. So I finally just emailed his friend Quinn and that got things rolling. We ended up having a game night with a half dozen friends at our house. For Will's b-day I got him the Rock Band set for the WII so that's what we played all night. It was fun and Will had a great time and that's all that matters.
So with his present already given to him and his birthday on Sunday I decided to do a little birthday tribute to him. For every year of his life I found out something that was significant that happened to him. I made it into a game like an Easter egg hunt. Since our Church isn't until 1pm I let him sleep in and that's when the boys and I hid the birthday tributes around the house. Once he got up he, well actually the kids found them and gave them to him to read. (Thanks Myrna for your help with the facts for the game). Here is that tribute if you would like to read it.
1979 – You were born, then blessed on March 4, and you walked at 11 months old

1980 – Fell out of a stroller that was being pushed by your older brothers and hit your tooth. Your tooth then turned brown and from then on was deemed “The Golden Tooth”. You got 4 quarter from the tooth fairy for that tooth.

1981 – You had a stuffed animal you called “Donkey Hotey”.

1982 – Finally got potty trained.

1983 – Attended a neighborhood preschool.

1984 – In kindergarten you got on the bus because you thought it was going to the Zoo. You scared your mother to death.

1985 – You take after your Grandpa Dalley when it comes to your art.

1986 – You loved to write stories. I think I heard you mention one about a little Purple Smurf.

1987 – You were baptized January 29 and became a Cub Scout

1988 – You thought you were Catholic

1989 – You played Soccer.

1990 – The symphonic band from junior high came and played at your elementary school. This started your love of classical music.

1991 – You won a Geography bee March 5.

1992 – You started Junior High and received your “Arrow of Light” award. Started playing the French horn.

1993 – You were blonde until you hit junior high.

1994 – You started High school

1995 – You got your drivers license. You received the Aaronic Priesthood (priest)and your Patriarchal Blessing January 29.

1996 – Attended Europe trip.

1997 – You graduated from High school. We started to fall in love at the band party, and not to long after that we had our first date June 13th. You played 2nd chair French horn in the University of Utah Symphony Orchestra, November 21.
1998 – Served a mission in Seoul Korea

1999 – Continue to serve and see beautiful South Korea.

2000 – Returned from your Mission. We resumed dating and got engaged on October 31st

2001 – We got sealed for all time and eternity in the Salt Lake Temple May 16th and then we had a lovely time in Hawaii on our honeymoon.

2002 - 1st Anniversary in Bryce Canyon.

2003 – 2nd Anniversary Park City, first hot air balloon ride.

2004 – Built and moved into the yellow house. Decide to become a Chiropractor and apply to schools

2005 – Become a father of your first-born son Ethan on January 27. Moved to Portland to go to WSCC.

2006 – Become a Father of Two Sons, Joshua was born on September 26.

2007 – Be an amazing husband and throw your wife a fabulous surprise birthday party.

2008 – Star as the fabulous Valet in the “Twilight” movie. Graduated from WSCC. Met your goal of graduating before you turned 30.

2009 – Became an officially licensed Doctor! Oh and Turned 30!
Happy 30th Birthday Will!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you!

8 comments:

MotherBeck said...

Happy Birthday Will! I think my favorite fact about you was the Donkey Hotey...priceless.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Will and Ethan! We tried calling all day to wish Will a happy birthday, but alas...you guys didn't answer! But we hope it was a great day! We'll see you Saturday!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday will and ethan!! Congrats on being old now will!! Oh on being a chiropractor!!

Monica said...

Happy Birthday to the both of you boys!!! I also loved the fun birthday ideas of each year something important; what a wonderful surprise.

Linds said...

What a cute idea. I like that you got the boys involved too. And I love that he thought he was a catholic. That cracks me up! Happy b-day Will!!

Jessie said...

You guys are like the cutest couple ever, seriously! haha

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

Hey Will: CTR stands for "Choose the Right," not "Catholics Totally Rule." Is that why you were confused?

Q-Bass

Heather said...

I think that it is so neat how you two do such thoughtful things to surprise eachother. And you seem to do them often. You can tell how much you love eachother. It is very sweet.