Tuesday, June 16, 2009

29 ugh!

No this isn't a cake I made, nor did anybody make this for me it is just a picture I pulled off of the Internet. However some day I hope to be able to make beautiful cakes like this one.


So here I am entering the last year of my twenties and yes I am freaking out. I don't feel this old! I know I have a year to prepare but I don't want to ever turn 30! Anyways I just thought I would blog about my 29th Birthday.

First off kudos to my Husband for making it the best day possible with all of the obstacles in the way. My birthday unfortunately had a lot to compete with this year, like a chiropractic conference, a camping trip, and Will's boss was out of town so there was no way Will could not take the day off.

The day started out with a treasure hunt. I had to go through 10 horribly hard clues to get to one of my birthday presents which was hidden in the linen closet. The present was the Carolina Liar CD if you care to know.

Later I had lunch with my family (My Mom, Sister and her girls, and my Grandparents). Thanks for my gifts!

After lunch I wasn't sure what to do with myself until my hubby was off work so I actually went grocery shopping. Not a surprise to those who know about my new addicting hobby of couponing.

Once Will got home from work and before we went out for dinner he gave me my presents. He got me my new favorite perfume. To be honest I don't even know the name I just know that you get it from the Hollister store in the mall. Then I got a pretty plant to plant in my garden, this was instead of regular cut flowers he did this because he wanted me to enjoy them longer (ha ha, lets just see how long they last. I don't really have a green thumb). And last of all but definitely not least he gave me the season 4 of Battlestar Galactica (yes I am a Battlestar Galactica geek - go ahead and call me Dwight Schrute).

For dinner, Will and I actually got to go out without the boys! Thanks to Will's parents for watching the kids. We went to Braza Grill for dinner, as always it was good. After dinner we had hours to burn (again thanks to Will's parents for offering to watch the kids till 11pm), but unfortunately in our old age we had no idea what to do with ourselves on a cold rainy June night. So here it is 9 pm-ish on a Thursday night and we had absolutely no idea what to do. So my crazy husband literally let the car idle around the parking lot until I said I couldn't take it any more and we went to Target to wander around (no I didn't get anything, I am surprisingly a lot more frugal with my money these days).

That's it, that was my b-day, exciting huh? Well admittedly it wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst and no there are no pictures we still haven't gotten the camera fixed.

Oh, however, I forgot the next day whilst camping my husband had everybody sing me happy birthday. Will actually had two candles that read 29 precariously set on top of some stacked mint oreo's (my favorite) and yes they (the candles) were lit I had to blow them out, the 2 fell over when I blew. Then Will gave me my last of last presents, a directors book of the making of the "Twilight" movie.

Thanks to all the Birthday wishes and to a very wonderful husband who always does/tries his best. I love you!

8 comments:

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

Happy 29th Birthday, Challener. Enjoy the twenties while they last. It's all downhill from there...

Quinn

MotherBeck said...

I thought your birthday was next week!!! I'm a jerk! Hope it was an awesome day for you...next year you get to join me in the thirties!

Jeff and Amy said...

Happy birthday!! I'm two months older than you so to me you are just a youngin :) Enjoy the last of your twenties!

Monica said...

Happy Birthday!!! If you really don't want to turn 30 you don't have to you know. In my family you pick the age that you forever want to be and then when anyone ask you how old you are then you can say that age because you will be that old in your heart.

The Hill Family said...

Hey, 30s aren't that bad! Hope you had a great birthday!!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great day. It sounds like Will always tries to make things special for you. What a great hubby!

Linds said...

Sounds like you had a great day. I hope you got my card. Miss you!

Amy said...

*sigh*...I just love you to death! Can't wait to see you tomorrow, and I'm glad you had a fun birthday! And yes...at first I thought you made that cake! I would have been jealous because that is a type of cake I want to make one day! :) haha...