Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween 2009

Join me, if you dare...

Costumes

Ethan and Josh were excited after picking their skeleton costumes out at Wal-Mart. Little did they know that it was all part of my plan... See, they would go to the Halloween party as members of the Cobra Kai in their skeleton costumes and I would go as Daniel LaRusso in a shower costume. After a sensual dance with my Challene, I would excuse myself to use the restroom. After observing members of the Cobra Kai in a bathroom stall engaging in the consumption of illegal substances, I'd dowse them all with a hose and then take off! They would inevitably chase me and in an epic show-down would gang-up on me and beat me down. The battle may be there's, but the war would not be over!

Well, that's what I wanted, but as you can see from the picture above Joshy's costume was to big, Ethan's costume was too short... and it was green. Clearly not Cobra Kai material. Devastated, we took them back.
So we went a different route.

Here's Joshy as Bumblebee the transformer.

And, here's Ethan as Wolverine (comic book version).
These seemed to work well for the boys. Sadly, it no longer made sense for me to wear my shower costume so I threw it over the fence into the field behind my house. It's pumpkin food now!
The primary presidency decided to throw together an impromptu party for the kids.
Primary Halloween Party
Second game (pictured below) was musical chairs... well, musical halloween pictures.
In fact, she and Joshy got into a little skirmish during one round. The result was Bumblebee damage in the form of a ripped off helmet and chest plate! Ok, none of that is true, he just wanted it off.
Pin the nose on the jack-o-lantern.
And what would a primary party be without a "fishing" station? Not one that I would go to, that's for sure!
It ain't a holiday in our house without having some sort of superficial head wound!
First was Ethan. We were eating lunch. I was busying myself in the kitchen when I heard a crash. I look over to see Challene rushing over to Ethan and a broken chair on the floor. She picks him up and notices that he's bleeding from the back of his head.

There's a lot of densely packed capillary beds on the skin of the skull and when punctured can bleed a lot. It scared Challene and Ethan... but not me.

He's trying his hardest not to smile!

Not to be out-done, my little Joshy thought he would fall (never did really find out what happened or how he fell). But he hit the side of his face above and below his lips


Well, with the injuries safely behind us, we were free to have some family fun.

Pumpkin Carving


I asked him to make the face that his pumpkin was making in this picture.
Ethan picked out the pattern for his pumpkin and actually did much of the work. I was surprised with how long he actually sat and worked at it. He did a great job.

Challene went for the bats

Kind of hard to see, but I went for the Frankenstein pumpkin. Not too shabby!


Trick or Treating

I was happy that our ward did not do a Trunk-or-Treat. We live in such a good neighborhood! It was like the good-ol-days. There was tons of kids out trick-or-treating, having a good time, gettin' free candy!

It was a fun Halloween.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That looked like a way fun Halloween! I'm glad you guys showed pics of your kids in their costumes! None of the other family members have yet!!

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

Just out of curiosity, who did you have on tap to be your Mr. Miyagi? Because you know those Cobra Kai goons were going to chase you into a field, catch up to you by a chain-link fence, and beat the bejevus out of you until Mr. Miyagi got there to save your sorry hiny.

Quinn

Linds said...

Way cute! Love the costumes.

Amy said...

Holy cow!!! Is this a foreshadowing of my life with a boy? So far I just live in a world of princesses and pure girly make-believe! With Noah, I fear there will just be bruises and blood! Your poor boys!

And nice costumes! I giggled at the skeleton ones, loved it!!!

Erin said...

No New Moon update? Challene! I thought for sure you would post something the second you got home. :)

The Hill Family said...

Too funny! What big boys! We got to go trick-or-treating in my mom's neighborhood...bought back some fun memories. Thanks for sharing all the pics; we miss you guys! Hope all is well & Happy Turkey Day!