The Wonderful Posibilities of SEWING
My calling in our ward is the assistant weblos leader as some of you know. For camp I was asked to make the flag. With a lot of uncertainty I said yes. All the while in my mind thinking how on earth was I going to make a flag? My sewing experience is, well, I have none. Last christmas I sewed a banner for our ward. It was all straight lines and I did it on a very old hand-me-down of a hand-me-down of a hand-me-down sewing machine that is not user friendly let alone beginner friendly. Anyways I have been wanting a new machine sinse last Christmas when I sewed the banner so I bought one with my birthday money. WOW what a difference a machine will make! I love my new machine. I still do not really know how to sew but the machine made things a lot easier.

So here is the picture of my first sewing project. You probably can not tell but I used three different thread colors because I kept running out.

Here is the dreaded machine. I think it is a good machine if you know what you are doing and I clearly do not!

And here is my new baby! I love it! Very user friendly especially for a beginner sewer as myself. I am so excited for my next project, not sure what it will be but excited none-the-less.

And here is the flag. Not to shabby I think. Done with no pattern, a blind stich, shower curtain like tabs on the top and iron on graphics from my own computer.
This has got to be my favorite part of the whole flag! Look at that stitching! Some of you, maybe all of you, who read this think I am crazy but I had so much fun sewing that on with my NEW MACHINE!
And last of all the back. Not to shabby for my second sewing project. Well I just love it.
4 comments:
The flag looks great! I'm almost jealous of your new machine. Almost. I'm a terrible sewer so I don't own one. Sometimes it would come in handy though.
WOW. Challene I knew you could do it! I am so very impressed with the flag. It's absolutely beautiful. You should be proud of it. I'm pleased that you had so much fun. There's nothing like having the right equipment to do the job right. It always makes things better, faster and more fun without the hassles! I love you! MOM
Challene, you are definitely not weird to have so much fun sewing (for real!). My machine is pretty crummy too so I know how you feel! Good job!
Challene,
I'm really impressed with your sewing job and even more impressed that for a beginer you actually worked on that old of a machine. I majored in sewing and have also worked on a machine older then the one that you use to work on and it is very difficult to do. I love your flag so much and it is so cute. I just love to see what kind of things people make and for not even having a pattern you have a total right to be that proud of yourself.
Post a Comment