Will here. In what could be considered a landmark event I, William D. Green, have completed my requirements to earn my bachelor's degree. "But Will," you quander, "Aren't you striving for your Doctor of Chiropractic?" You're right to quander so. For you see, whilst involved in the seemingly never-ending educational vortex that is Chiropractic College I had the option of obtaining a concurrent bachelor's degree. I opted to do so.
Beyond the normal rigors of working toward the coveted D.C. I merely had to add a statistics class and a thesis project. I'm happy to report (if only for me to re-read years down the road) that as of today my thesis is officially complete. That actually does put the total to three degrees. AS in general studies, AAS in chemistry, and BS in Human Biology. I actually put a lot of heart and soul into this and am kind of proud of it. It is entitled:
Nutritional and Alternative Therapies for the Symptomatic Relief for those with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Asperger’s Syndrome, and other Pervasive Developmental Disorders
You think the title is long? It actually ended up being about 17 pages... single spaced. Since the requirement was 15 pages double spaced, I think I got a little carried away! So I don't actually expect anyone to read it (though I think it is incredibly interesting), I thought I'd put a link up for anyone interested (Thanks to Mike for hosting it for me! Props!).
http://www.mpgtechnology.com/Final%20Draft.pdf
So, here it is in all it's glory. I was always interested in the subject and having some close acquaintances who are dealing with some of those above listed disorders, I wanted to research alternative therapies. I was surprised with how much there is out there. Most people have no idea these are available.
Well, I guess that's it. There's a little joke amongst the college about faculty putting their bachelor's letters behind their names in addition to the D.C. or PhD. I guess I could always be: William D. Green AS, AAS, BS, DC once this is all said and done. Hmmm... I think I'll just stick with William Green D.C. No, Dr. William Green D.C. I don't mind redundancy, I don't mind it at all!
I'm done!
Monday, September 8, 2008
One little, two little, three little college degrees
Posted by Living Green at 9/08/2008 07:30:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Congrats! You crack me up!!
Congratulations on all the degrees - I am very impressed!
Why stop at doctor? Two more degrees and we could play "Six degrees of William Green."
Well way to go Will! haha...very funny post!
Congrats Will! I will check out your thesis; what an accomplishment!
Post a Comment