



Joshua rubbing his sleepy eyes.
THE TRAIN


I only took the little stroller thinking that the kids wouldn't want to sit. Boy was I wrong. Ethan's a stroller hog which was fine with Joshua. Well, until Joshua was just so tired he wanted me to pack him, which I did for awhile. However have any of you ever pushed a stroller one handed? They do not go straight, it's very annoying. Then this particular Zoo has a huge hill you have to get up before you can exit. So there I was holding Joshua in one arm pushing Ethan with the other up a huge hill. That's when I was desperate and grabbing at straws so I asked Ethan if Joshua could sit in his lap and to my surprise he said yes. Yeah it was fabulous and look at how cute they are.
Okay so is the suspense killing you yet are you wondering about the flat tire? Well here it is. Once we were done with the Zoo we came out to the car and to my horror the first thing I see is a FLAT TIRE! Ugh! I stared at it for ever hoping I was just seeing things but nope there it was a very flat front drivers side tire. So what do I do well first thought is to tow it but that costs money, then most or all tow trucks aren't big enough for me and two car seats. Then I think call Will maybe he can come help. So I call and call and call but of course he is not answering. He is at an off site shift where he doesn't keep his phone on him. So then I call my friend Amy just to vent a second before I proceed to change a tire. She helped a ton by calling her husband who called and got a hold of Will. THANKS Amy and John it was such a stress relief just to know that Will knew that I was stuck at the Zoo. So after I talked to Amy I started to change the tire. I had to get the crow bar out from under the seat back seats which is under the kids car seats. Ugh, so I took Joshua's car seat out and nope I was wrong it was under Ethan's side. I then got the spare tire down and rolled over by the back tire. Then I start to Jack up the car, this is all the while I see middle aged men getting in to their cars driving away. Yes they saw me I know they did!!! So there I am mumbling under my breath while I am jacking up the car when this couple finally ask me if I need help. FINALLY!!! So thank you Aaron and Carrie for stopping and helping me. There is no way I could have done that by myself, first off I don't think I would have been strong enough to get the lug nuts off and second my kids needed to be taking care of. And one last gripe, why do they put jacks in your car that are not tall enough to jack up your car! Luckily I had pulled up over a side walk in front of the car. We ended up jacking the car up using the front frame. Thanks again to these nice strangers!


2 comments:
Oh, hearing it a second time just makes it so much more horrible. And I love the picture of Joshua sitting on Ethan's lap.
I seriously can't believe you attempted the 2 buck Tuesday again just thinking about it brings back such stressful thoughts. But way to go on even getting started to change the tire on your own. I don't even think I would know what to do.
Post a Comment