On Wednesday of the vacation we hit the downtown area for a little shopping. We hit a couple shops including: Fireborne which is a glass shop that features a local artist, Finnegan's Toys which had just about every toy you can imagine, then we obviously hit the Dr. Marten store as you can see below.
Thursday
We did just about a whole northern to coast tour. We started at the very well known Seaside, where we enjoyed a leisurely stroll down the hopping main street. We also did a round of bumper cars. Ethan enjoyed himself, however, he was not to into bumping into others. He didn't mind them bumping us but when asked if we should bump into somebody else he replied "NO".
Tillamook Cheese Factory
After we spent a good amount of time in Seaside we wanted to head to Tillamook because it seemed chalk full of things to do. First we hit the famous Cheese factory.

The Factory being observed by the two cutest boys ever! No I am not biased or anything.
The samples. I do have to say I was way way disappointed in the selection amount. Come on, you are a cheese factory.




Cannon Beach
We found Cannon Beach right close to sunset so it was really quite beautiful. However I am dreading to admit my very, very worst motherly moment that I had. So there we were walking in the wake of the water enjoying the beauty of the setting sun. When all of a sudden a rather large tide comes in and catches us all off guard I might add. My sister who was further out then I with her two girls picks them up by the arm and tries to run them back to the dry safe beach. Where as I on the other hand realize the water is coming in and think to self "Yes Joshua is going to get wet but he will be fine, so save yourself". So I start jogging back to the beach with Ethan by my side. Then I look over my shoulder and I see Joshua has been pushed over onto his stomach by the rushing tide, which I am horrified to say is rushing over him. He is crying/screaming so I look at my sister who has her arms full with her girls. Which I might add seemed to be enjoying themselves in the water. With my sister occupied I do a U-turn a start running back for my poor abandoned baby! Oh I am a horrible mother! I never, never would have left him if I knew that the water was going to push him over. Ahhhh! He could have drowned! Yes I deserve the worst mother of the year award and I will willingly take it. I feel so awful, I deserve it!
My poor freaked out Joshua! He was so scared of the water after that. His poor little bottom lip shivered until we got him dry and warm. Which was another torturous affair. Joshua was obviously covered with sand from head to toe. So I gave him a quick rinse off in the restrooms sink. The water was ice cold but I didn't want to leave the sand on him it was very late. I knew there was no way he was going to get a bath. I was afraid that the sand with give him a rash. Poor little guy he has a neglectful mean mom!
This picture was snapped right after the above photo. So I don't think he was totally traumatized. However that photo above was how he really looked until we asked him to smile for this photo.
That's All Folks!
Well that is it. I have covered just about all that we did with my sister and her family excluding our dining out adventures. Oh, wait Bre and I did ditch the guys towards the end of a meal at NewPort Seafood Grill. We ran across the parking lot and had massages at Massage Envy. It was SOOOOO NICE! I have been craving one ever since.
I loved having my Big Sis visit. We had a great time! As much as I am torn about moving back to Utah I am excited to be closer to her. Thanks for coming!

3 comments:
Wow -- very brave of you to admit to your 'bad mother' moment. That picture of Joshua with the sand all over his face is hilarious! (in retrospect)
On the plus side, the next time you are encountered by a rogue wave, you will be totally prepared.
Quinn
Wow you weren't kidding about doing tons of things. I think you guys did everything there is to do here. No wonder your kids are still sleeping it. And you aren't the worst mother. That happens, and he is still alive.
Oh, Challene, you are a great mother! Looks like so much fun; glad your sister got to come visit! We will miss you when you move!
Post a Comment