Monday, March 10, 2008

Twilight Update

So if you will recall my friends Lindsey, Amy, and I went to the casting call for the movie 'Twilight'. Will and Jared (Lindsey's husband) thought it would be fun to try to be in the movie as well so they signed up on-line. They actually signed up to be a stand in or a double for the character Dr.Carlisle Cullen. So here we are all waiting anxiously for a call an email or anything when the guys get a call to come in and get their pictures taken with a horrible blonde wig (Carlisle has longer hair that is blonde. Hence the blonde wig). Will's pictures are hilarious (don't worry pictures are included in this blog at the bottom). Needless to say us girls are happy for them but very jealous. In the end Jared was chosen and got the opportunity to be a stand in for a couple days as Carlisle. He said it was an opportunity of a life time but that it was not at all glamorous. I guess all he was doing was standing/kneeling in certain positions for hours while the lighting and camera people set up for the shot. He never did get to be on camera because once they were ready to shot the real actor that played Carlisle stood in. The actor who plays Carlisle actually ran through the seen with Jared to show him where he was going to stand, walk, kneel and so fourth so that Jared knew where to be for the Lighting and Camera crew. FYI for those who know the Twilight books the scene Jared helped out with was at the end where Bella has been injured by James in the dance studio and Carlisle is trying to fix her up. He got to see the special effects people tear James' body apart and set it on fire. I guess Jared was able to bring home that part of the script and Lindsey said it is really close to the book. Jared was also able to meat Robert Pattison (Edward) . Jared said that both Robert Pattison and the actor that plays Carlisle are very nice. This was all three weeks ago or so.


The update on Lindsey and me: We just received an email on Sunday that they are considering us as extras for a "teacher position". Wait, don't get too excited. The position specifically said 4 TEACHERS (CAFTER.). So I really think that means we will be a lunch lady. The word (CAFTER.) to me looks like it says cafeteria. But whatever, I just really want to be in the movie! I know I am a geek! So I put that I would be available. Here is the down fall of it all though. If I get lucky enough to be chosen they are shooting on March 25 & 26 which is when Will, the kids and I are supposed to be heading for Utah. But I can't not do this so I guess we will just have to go a couple days later.

I just hope they can make me look as good as this lunch lady.
Well I am sorry Will did not get the opportunity to do it, but you never know he might still have a chance. They are filming until April 15. Here are the much anticipated pictures of Will. Also if you think he looks like he is in a little bit of pain it's because he just had his surgery 4 days earlier. It is probably best he did not get to do it, I really doubt he could have knelt down for that long of a time. They had him come in to take pictures and his measurements. They told him to pose different ways ("look natural", "now serious", "stare off into the distance" those sort of things). Well, the product is below:








I saved the best for last! Good stuff LOL! This is what the Carlisle character really looks like. (3rd one from the right).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny!!! BTW I am liking the second book way better than the first...do you like me again now?

Katie said...

I am so jealous! As will my book club be when I tell them about your little adventure! We already have the 4th book lined up to read at the end of the year!

Cindy said...

Those are great pictures! Gave me a chuckle when I needed one. :)

Linds said...

Will's pictures are about as good as Jared's were. But Jared doesn't make a good serious face. He looked like he was about to kill the camera man. Anyway, I doubt we'll be lunch ladies (I hope not). But we'll just have to see.

Hayley Winslow said...

So, you haven't heard from me since high school, but this is Hayley Titus (now Winslow). I didn't even know the two of you married. Anyway, congrats on the cute family. I'm married a music geek and we graduated together in Music Ed, worked together for a few years, had a boy then a girl, and now I'm home expecting my last baby (a boy) in 2 months. We live in St. George. Where are you at? It's good to see you both. You look very happy. Good luck with the Twilight movie!

Jeff and Amy said...

I am way jealous! If you are in it you've got to tell me where they are filming so that I can maybe go and take a peek.

Nicole W. said...

HILARIOUS!

Nicole W. said...

Oh and you've been tagged. Tell us 6 things we don't know about you:)