Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Turn

Tag I'm it! My turn to tell six things that I think most people do not know about me.


1. When I was 18 months old I fell from a bar stool (not at a bar, but a stool at the breakfast bar at my house) and hit my head. That caused me to have a subdural hemorrhage. Doctors had to go in and cauterize the blood vessel. I have a huge horse shoe shaped scare on the right side of my head. Lets hope I never go bald or else I think I might frighten little children!





2. I own a 1964 1/2 Ford Mustang. That was the very first model put out. It is Wimbledon White with red interior, it's a 3 speed stick with a straight 6 cylinder. It was given to me by my Grandparents when I was 16. I LOVE IT!!! I actually ended up taking auto shop in high school, but more so because I found out Will was taking it. We hardly talked but it defiantly made him notice me more.


3. I had a seizure in my first semester of College. We think it was from stress or maybe the head injury when I was little. Anyways that year was stressful because Will left me in Feb. for his mission, I graduated high school in June, had my first job ever that summer, then I started College that Fall where I was taking a voice class. I am quite positive it was this class that put me over the edge. I had never sung in front of anybody and then all of a sudden I had to sing in front of vocal majors. I was having auras (for those who do not know what an aura is... well, for me it was really odd panicky feelings with a flashback to something I had seen in the past, like a random house or something). I was having the auras for around 6 months before I had the actual seizure. It is the one and only seizure I've had since the head injury (knock on wood) and I hope never to have one again. You lose a lot of your Independence when you have a seizure. They wont let you drive, you're constantly getting your blood checked for medication levels, and you have to check in with the doctor every 3-6 months or so. Not, fun. Plus, they had to "inform" the DMV so that was on my permanent record for 3 years or so. The one thing the DMV actually follows up on!

4. After I graduated high school I got my first job ever at a truck parts store. The store was called Teri's Top Factory (nice huh, sounds like a strip club). I installed truck parts like hitches, truck toppers, bug shields, etc.. I did this just through the summer of 1998. Yes I was the only girl working there at that time and maybe ever but I liked it.




5. My biggest regret so far in my life is that I did not continue to play softball through high school. I played my sophomore year but I felt torn between that and playing my saxophone which I was much better at. Practice was always at the same time and I just felt at that time I had to choose between the two. "If I could just go back... I'd take state!!!" - Uncle Rico. But seriously, if I could go back I would figure out how to do both.




6. I play/played the alto and soprano saxophone (currently my Mom is holding on to them at her house in Utah so it has been awhile since I've played). I was actually really good. Good enough that in high school I was highlighted one concert with my own solo with the band as my back up. I also received a scholarship to the U Of U and marched there for two years. I was trained in classical saxophone, but I dabbled in jazz. Also to continue to express how geeky I am/I was band president my senior year in high school.
Now I am tagging Lindsey Woolsey, Melissa Turner, Triple L and who ever is up for the challenge.

6 comments:

Jeff and Amy said...

I love these things! I just learned a ton of new stuff about you. Now I have to say that I see you in a whole new light - a good one of course.

Katie said...

I would never guess any of those things by just meeting you...but I love it! So fun. Maybe you should post 6 more random things about you.

Jill said...

Hey Challene! This is Jill Clark, now Jill Peterson! How the heck are ya? I saw your blog on the WX blog. I love hearing how people are doing that I haven't seen forever! That is awesome that you live in Oregon. I bet it's beautiful!

Linds said...

You are such a geek! Oh, just kidding! I love it!! Those are really random things. I'm having a hard time thinking of random things about me.

Anonymous said...

Callene you are one of my favorite people in the whole world. I love that you are so well rounded..even if you were a bang geek...j/k

Melissa Turner said...

I love the picture of you in your marching band uniform. Brings back memories of me in my High School and College Marching band days.