101 things about me (Challene). I hope I still have friends after this.
1. I clogged until around the age 10. My Mom made me (I still love ya Mom).
2. I had/have a crush on David Bowie in Labyrinth (don't ask can't explain it, I just like him).
3. I never got braces because in third grade I colided into a kid name Rocky which fractured my front tooth. We found out in 9th grade that the tooth next to it died from the shock/impact (but it never turned any other color. I ended up having to have around 4 root canals that all failed. They finally did a procedure called "apecoectomy" (basically it is a root canal from the top through the gums). Not fun!
4. I am SOOOOOO afriad of the Dentist because of the mentioned story above.
5. Famous people I have met and have autographs from: Kenny G and the guy who plays Louise in the Passions Soap Opera, and Gunner Hansen
the guy who plays Leatherface in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre .
the guy who plays Leatherface in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre .6. I went to a Grateful Dead (Gerry Garcia was still alive) concert (my sisters choice) and got high from the second hand pot smoke around us. Don't worry my Mom knows she took us.
7. I got my first cavity when I was 25.
8. I HATE the cold/being cold.
9. I was a skater wannabe in Junior High School (had a skate board I never was good on it).
10. My favorite band in High School was Metallica.
I will always have a fond place in my heart for old school Metallica and 80's and 90's rock music.
I will always have a fond place in my heart for old school Metallica and 80's and 90's rock music.12. I would like to travel just about every where in the world at least once with my Hubby.
13. I can not stand my toes touching. I just have to have something between my first two toes. Sometimes I just want to rip off my shoes and stuff my socks in between them.
14. I used to bleach my hair. I stopped because it was expensive.
15. It took two years to get pregnant with Ethan (drugs were included) and only one cycle to get pregnant with Joshua (no drugs, kinda a suprise!).
16. I will only kill spiders if Will is not around. Even then, I have to get the vacuum to get them.
17. I used to have a pair of powder blue knee-high boots.
18. I am a design freak! Sometimes at nights, I slow down in the car to try to see into peoples lighted windows so I can see how they designed their house.
19. I've been to Tijuana with the UofU marching band. Rip-roarin' times.
20. Almost all the way through junior high/high-school my lunch consisted of a candybar, chips, and soda (should have weighed 200 lbs).
21. I've been in a limosine once. It was when Will asked me to marry him. He surprised me on Halloween 2000 with the limo. We went to a the park where we had our first date and after a candle light dinner (complete with gouls, skeletons, and a cow running passed on their way to a house) he asked me to marry him.
22. I hate McDonald's. Sometimes I'll have their breakfast. That's ok sometimes.
23. Of late, I have been told I have a high-heeled shoe fetish. I'm still in denial, though.
24. I was the fastest girl runner in 6th grade. I took track in 7th grade, and after that decided that running is only beneficial if you're running for your life.
25. I used to work for the State of Utah in the Crime Victims Reparation office.
26. I think that Nacho Libre is a very funny movie. Especially the scene where he baptizes Esquilito. Hilarious.
27. I went to Hawaii on my honeymoon and I loved every single minute of it! Well, except for when we walked for what seemed like 10 miles just to get some food.
28. Also at Hawaii, we decided to go to the temple and the Polynesian Cultural Center. Well, we got off the bus about 16 stops early, but somehow managed to find the temple (we were in our nice clothes walking along strange streets in Hawaii). Finally, we got to the temple and found out the doors were locked. We thought that was strange when a man opened the door and asked what we wanted. We told him we wanted to do a session. He kind of laughed and told us that the temple has been closed for a couple of hours. "We're not like the one's in Utah, you know," he told us. So we walked the grounds and took pictures. Then we walked another 6.5 miles to the polynesian center. That was fun.
29. I love having PJs. They have to be cute, though. And they have to match.
30. I LOVE the way my husband smells
31. I love crafts. I love to paint ceramics, toll paint (painting woods), and scrapbooking.
32. I had a house once. It was my dream house.
We went through a builder and got to customize it ourselves. I got to do a little bit of design work before Will told me the news that he wanted to sell it all and move to Portland so he could become a chiropractor. He has promised me, however, one of equal or greater value at a future point in our lives.
33. The mailbox you see in that picture above was a $200.00 mailbox. We wanted a sturdy steel mailbox that could not be knocked over or blown over. It was a sexy mailbox.
34. I usually dream about stresses or other things from my day.
35. I used to be a really picky eater before we came to Portland. To quote Lindsey, "You're not picky, you're just not adventurous with your food."
36. I kissed Will before he kissed me.
37. A dog peed on me in junior high infront of a group of boys.
38. After Will first said, "I love you," I said, "ok."
39. The next night, after I said "I love you" to Will, he said, "ok." Life was smooth sailing after that.
40. I took a scuba class with Will once. We didn't end up getting certified because we were saving the money for our house. Lotta good that did me.
41. I love to bake. Not cook, bake. Cookies, brownies, anything. The best part is eating while you cook. Mmmmm.
42. I was a member of the Future Farmers of America (FFA) in high-school.
43. My husband was a member of the Future Bowling Chickens of America (FBCA) in high-school. They had one meeting.
44. I had to lip sync to En Vogue's, My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It) in a class in junior high. Nailed it!
45. I've never been in a physical fight with anyone.
46. I punched through a window once.
47. I've never met my dad. dead beat
48. I love fresh from the vine tomatos! I'll eat them like apples (with a little salt of course).
49. I built a patio all by myself once.
50. I'm a gemini -- and it shows.
51. I almost failed a reading class in 9th grade because I let a kid cheat off of me and we got caught. I learned a valuable lesson that day: Only cheat off others, don't let them cheat off you.
52. I've never broken a bone.
53. I despise Alanis Morrisette with every fiber of my being. My husband has an album of hers. I still married him.
54. I want a victorian garden with hedge mazes and statues. Why? Hedge mazes rule, that's why.
55. I think my kids are cuter than anybody elses kids, and I don't care who you are!
56. My favorite food is Olive Garden lasagna.
57. I currently hold the Green Family Chocolate Milk Chugging Contest title. 36 oz. in 10 seconds. Beat that!
58. Lucerne brand chocolate milk is superior to any other chocolate milk brand out there.
59. I don't like the sound of ribbed metal being scraped. Like when you pull out a new strip of staples. Ahhh... just thinking about it!!!
60. Bob's Deli in North Salt Lake denied my job application. On an unrelated note, they went out of business soon thereafter.
61. My favorite movie is Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I like the Bourne series too.
62. I had a dog named Bandit for 13 years. My mom is taking care of my current dog named Eliza. She's almost 12 years old.
63. A toilet exploded on me in high-school. I was soaking wet, so I just went home. I didn't even tell the front office. Take that admin!
64. I've been pooped on by birds many times. I'm still paranoid to this day.
65. I used to love horror shows. I would watch them by myself. Now I'm a complete wuss. It was "The Ring" that did me in. Now I can't watch hardly any horror movies.
66. I used to have a total of 7 piercings in my ears. I think most of them have closed by now.
67. Will once "clonked" my ankles together and I almost became nauseous because of it. I don't like my ankles "clonked".
68. I think "clonked" is a funny word.
69. I used to wake up at 5:00 a.m. in high school so I could be at Jazz Band at 6:00 a.m. I can barely get up at 8:00 nowdays.
70. I had to have my alarm across the room or else I'd just "snooze" the morning away.
71. I've been active in the church since 1998! Almost ten years. Wow, I don't think I've learned enough in that time.
72. Will and I once laughed for hours at the word "squeegee". No, we were not at a Grateful Dead concert. We just thought it was a funny word at the time.
73. I grew up with my mom and one sister. Will has 4 brothers and two sisters. That took some getting used to, I'll tell you what. But I love them all.
76. A friend's parents banned their daughter from being friend's with me. They thought I was a bad influence. She was the one who invited the boys and didn't tell her parents. My mom knew what was going on.
77. I also loved the movie Footloose.
I had my mom rent that movie so many dang times it's rediculous. Sometimes, though, you just gotta dance.
I had my mom rent that movie so many dang times it's rediculous. Sometimes, though, you just gotta dance.78. I hate dusting and ironing.
79. I love golfing with my husband.
80. I spent much of my junior high free time at Classic Roller Skating. Nothing says good times like the hockey-pockey skates.
81. I'd like to learn how to sew some day.
82. I'd like to finish my interior design degree some day.
83. I've had callings in nursery, primary, and young womens. I loved them all.
84. I ate a potato bug when I was a baby. Mom wont let me live that one down.
85. I have a terrible fear of heights. It gets worse when I'm in a vehicle driving next to a cliff or something.
86. I never thought I'd live outside Utah. I never wanted to, either. But I'm so glad I did. I love it here.
87. I threw-up in front of Will once. It was after I hit my head while snowboarding many years ago. We were driving home and I had to throw up in a McDonalds bag (see # 22 above). He has thrown-up in front of me once too. It was while driving home from the hospital after his surgery three weeks ago.
88. My favorite flower is white roses. I also love gardenias becasue that was the corsage Will would get me for high-school dances.
That was Christmas dance 1997.
That was Christmas dance 1997.89. My favorite temple is the Salt Lake Temple. I got my endownments there and got married there. I'd like to see every temple at least once.
90. I've gotten pulled over once. It was in the mustang and it was for speeding. They pulled me over right at work (Terry's Top Factory). I was only going 45 in a 30!
91. I've been in two auto accidents in my life. Neither were my fault.
92. I love to swim. I've even taken some diving classes. I couldn't do it now, but it was fun then.
93. I've only bore my testimony in church once. It scares me.
94. I do have a testimony. I just don't like public speaking.
95. I used to call manilla folders, "vanilla folders". Seriously, I just found out like a year ago it's not vanilla. Who'd-a-thunk?
96. I have strong, and I pretty fingernails. I've always liked them.
97. I don't like my red splotchy cheeks. (on my face)
98. Ethan slammed the bathroom door on my left big toe last summer. It is still deformed to this day. It's hard to do a French Pedicure when your nail is disfigured.
99. I hate fire. So much so that I wont go near a BBQ. I wont touch matches.
100. My husband and I have tracked every scent that we've spent for every month that we've been married. We still have yet to set a concrete budget, though. But once we do, we'll have 7 years of precedence to back it up!
101. I curently have more friends now than I have ever had in my life and I love them all!
I tag anyone who reads this. Ha, shouldn't have read the whole thing huh?









10 comments:
Boy your list is way more interesting then mine. I have been working on it for weeks now. It is going to be my next post. so be lookin for it!
What fun reading and remembering all of the fun things that you have done throughout your younger years. I really enjoyed your sharing all of those fun events. It brought back a whole lot of memories for me. And you were a cute "Clogger"! I love you, Challene. mom
Wow! Thats a lot of interesting things. I just don't think I can do 100 things about myself. I'm having a hard time thinking about the 6 things that I have to do for your last tag. I'm only doing that one, got it!
wow! I just leaned so much about you! what a great tag! Louise from Passions! My whole family had a crush on him, remember timmy! haha
I think you're hair totally looks better natural! And your dream house was beautiful, Im sure You'll be getting another one soon!
~Jessie
oh ya,and I understand the thing about your dad, my mom is the same way.
I usually get bord of reading peoples 100 list but I really enjoyed reading yours. Thats because your an interesting and fun person.
Hey HEATHER! I can not email you without your email address. Here is mine caprice5150@yahoo.com I can not wait to get caught up!
loved learning about you. seriously i didn't know like 100 out of the 101 things. why didn't we hang out more before i moved? i love that you were a skater wannabe and i so agree with you on the running for your life thing:)
Dude, we actually have A LOT in common!!!...hmmm first Chocolate milk is the best thing ever..I think it's romantic when Steve buys it for me lol.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE swimming!! so bring your boys over this summer..
and there were quite a few other things! but anyway..can I say 2 things?
1. You look hot as a blonde and I think you should dye it
2. you look hot with your hair short like a long aline and you should do that too!!!
Just my two cents:)
Oh...and 3. Steve wants to have you guys over for dinner.
we'll call you!!
are you here next week???
and 4 you look really good in BLACK!!! especially with blonde hair lol...
can you tell i'm a hair and makeup artist? These are the FIRST things I notice :P
Post a Comment