Sunday, April 6, 2008

Who forgot the button?


So the day was March 21 and we were going to bake some sugar cookies for Easter. I thought, "My kids can be messy so I'll strip them down so they don't get their clothes gross." However, at the time I did not relize that I forgotten to unbutton Ethan's shirt. Below are pictures of how well that went. (Will was no help what-so-ever except for taking the pictures for this lasting memory. THANKS WILL). In my defense Ethan does have a large head and it has gotten stuck before.








Will's note: If you follow the pictures closely, you'll notice a textbook example of a "Maternal-Offspring Inverse Emotional Exchange" (or MOIEE) between mother and son. Ethan starts out with a smile which slowly changes over the course of the event to a resounding grimace. Challene's expression is just opposite. Hence the phrase, MOIEE.

Will's notesd the second: By-the-by, we've been awfully busy what with the trip to Utah and all (more on that later) so we are backed up on blog entries. We try to keep things in relative chronological order with the blogs so we will have several over the next few days (stay tuned). I do find it necessary to note, however, that our main objective in going to Utah for spring break was ultimately fulfilled. I found a wonderful doctor with which I will be able to do a preceptorship (internship during 12th quarter) beginning the first part of October! What's more, he has graciously offered to hire me on after my graduation and obtaining my license to practice! He is Dr. Norman who practices in Clearfield (the new Legend Hill's complex across the freeway from Davis Hospital). He runs his practice with the patient-care prowess and ethical fortitude I have been seeking for quite some time. In a field that even I am relatively new to, he will be a much needed mentor to me. The story is long and will follow in a blog to come. So check back often for updates and more of our exciting adventures in the land of Ewe-Tard.

7 comments:

Linds said...

Congrats! Yeah! I'm so happy for you guys. It's a nice feeling to have a plan. I'm looking forward to the whole story.
P.S. Didn't Challene try and put the shirt back down and unbotton it? Or did that not work too?

Amy said...

That is the funniest thing I've ever seen! Congrats Will!!!

Holly Lujan said...

Congrats guys!! Isn't it nice to have a concrete plan for your future.

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

Hey -- what did I say about calling it "Ewe-Tard?" That's it, buddy: the gloves are off. Have a nice summer in Porkland, Snoregon. Haw haw.

Jeff and Amy said...

Yay, congrats on the preceptorship! Isn't it nice to have a concrete plan - no more wondering/worrying. And did you ever get the shirt off??? There wasn't a final picture of that. Poor guy, yet it was too funny.

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

I love pictures that tell a story. Theses are great. Congratulations to Will. We are so excited for you. -Lauralee

Heather said...

That's so funny I would totally be laughing too. Does this mean you are moving back to Utah? I still have your e-mail address Challene and look forward to finding the time to actually send you an e-mail.