You all know how absolutely obsessed with the "Twilight" book series that Stephenie Meyer wrote. Well I found out that she was coming here to Portland on a tour with her new book "The Host" and I just had to go to this Book Signing (our ticket price also came with a copy of the book, which I would have bought anyways)!It was so much fun! However, by the time we got there the only empty seats were in the far back of the balcony. We did not realize that it was first come first serve, we had tickets and they had seat numbers on them, but Oh well, we could still some what see her (she was like a little dot, see picture below). She talked for about 20 minutes about this book without spoiling it for those who had not read. She talked about her favorite literary couples, Mr. Darcey and Elizabeth, Romeo and Juliet, mostly classics. She even quoted "The Office" while she was talking it was hilarious. She seems very down to earth and humble. She also talked about "Twilight" (ahhh "Twilight") and Midnight Sun (Edwards view of "Twilight" ahhh Edward). She talked about how she writes. Basically, she said she does not care or worry about what people think she just writes what makes her happy. She said that she has actually started books and not finished them because she got bored.
Once she was done they told us how to line up to get our books signed. At this point they also said if you had any babies that you could get into this first line. So here we were in the back of the balcony and Lindsey Reynolds has her 2 week old baby girl Cassia so we were like okay I guess that's us. Little did we know that as we were coming down from the ramp she would be right there. So even though there was a line off to the side Stephenie said it was okay to just start with us. We were the very first people to get our books signed. She seemed really nice. However, I was so not prepared to meet or see her that all I did was spell my name for her and say thanks.
The group: Holly, Lindsey W., Me, Amy M., Amy J., and Lindsey R. (she was taking care of Cassia so she got cut off) Me and Amy aren't we cute
Thanks Lindsey W. for this picture mine is so bad
Afterwards we went around the corner to Ben and Jerry's. We couldn't... well wouldn't go home yet it was way early. So here is a cute pic of Holly and Lindsey W.
Me and Amy being dorks
So, all in all it was a great time!


5 comments:
Oh, my goodness. I came to your blog today specifically to look at your older blog about twilight because I read it last weekend and then went the next day to buy the second book and read it in one day. And here you are with more infomation than I'd hoped to get. I did'nt think I would be into it but I love it. I have banned myself from getting the third book untill I've cleaned and prepared my Sharing Time activity this week or it will not get done. I'm glad to know she has other books coming out. I'm so going to e-mail you when I have a little more time. I baby sit and more than thirty seconds left alone spells disaster you know how it is.
I just got that book from my mom to read. Haven't had a chance to start it though. Sounds like you had fun!
Glad I could be of service to you and get the picture!
I love catching up on what you guys are doing but it makes me so jealous I miss hanging out and doing all the girl night out activities. Thanks for the advice about gestational diabetes it has been helpful.
Hi, it is Katie Sharp-Bello, I can not believe how long your hair has grown. Your boys are so cute. Love running into your mom at Costco. Love the twilight series also.
Post a Comment