Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Harrison's Vacation Continued

Monday August 18


On Monday we headed down to the visitor center located in the Pioneer Courthouse square. We went to pick up the Portland Attraction pass. If you have never heard of this pass it helps you see Portland's top 10 attractions for a fraction of the combined regular price.



Aren't the kids cute with there headphones on. My sister has one of those nice installed DVD players and instead of having to listen to their movie we hooked them all up with these cool cordless headphones. It was so nice and quite!




Bre and I at the famous "Commuter with umbrella" statue.





So BreAnna collects pins and when we were in the visitor center she saw a pin that looked like a up side down chandelier. We asked the guy that was helping us what it was and it was this. A Benson Fountain.



OMSI


The first thing we decided to do with or Portland Attraction pass is go to the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry or easier said OMSI.




The current exhibit was of Dinosaurs. The boys got scared. They had large dinosaurs that moved and roared. However, here is a cute picture of Joshua in a digging zone.



Ethan loves the ball area if he ever runs off this is always were he ends up.





Cute little Bryton in the birds nest.








Joshua, Ethan and Peyton actually in the same area. Let alone in the same picture what a miracle.



This table entertained them for quite some time. The middle spun around and then kids would get balls and wheels to spin on it. Here is Joshua showing me his finger. It got smashed by a ball that launched off table. Don't worry I don't think it hurt that bad.






5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. LIFT OFF! Roger niner-niner we have lift off.



Trailer Hitch



Will and I have been hunting down a good cheap hitch for our vehicle. We were on some what of a time crunch to get it because we knew that my sister has a ton of tools and could bring them up so we could install the hitch ourselves. You wouldn't believe the price the truck shops were expecting you to pay. A little side note: I worked one summer at a Truck accessory shop when I graduated high school. Installing hitches was the majority of my job, so installing hitches is not new to me we just did not have the tools. Anyhoo here are some pictures.



I was trying to prove that I had wired and helped with the installation of the hitch because my hands were dirty but you really can't tell so you will just have to take my word for it. The boys kicked me out of the way when I lost their confidence because I had never used a fishing wire. This particular hitch was a no drill hitch and I swear with all the hitches I installed that summer I never did a no drill hitch. The reason I think is because in some ways it was easier to do the drill ones. This one you had to hook a thin wire around a bolt and a square washer and literally fish it down the frame a good foot and a half. So they we were looking at the instructions, (yeah I know the guys were actually looking at the instructions) and we were trying to figure out how on earth they expected us to get this one particular bolt and washer down the frame. Finally we were like well there must be a way to do it or else they wouldn't expect you to. So I asked like ten times if they were ready for me to try and put the washer down there (this was all before Justin figured out and found the fishing wire) and they were like yeah go for it. So of course it got stuck only a couple inches down the frame. My sister had to come out and use her long skinny fingers to get it back. That's when Justin found the fishing wire and took over. After that it was smooth sailing. Thanks Justin for getting our hitch installed!



Check back for the continuation of the Harrison's Vacation

3 comments:

Amy said...

That made me want to take the girls to OMSI again!!! Glad you guys had fun...oh, and I can totally see the dirt on your fingers! Well done!

Linds said...

Wow! You are truly a mystery Challene, I would have never thought you were a grease monkey. And I love the picture of the kids in the car. Ethan looks drugged. Love it!

Monica said...

That is too funny that you went to go and see Harvey! My husbands grandparents have that movie actually and the first time I saw that movie I thought it was strange but then my husband told me that there was a real Harvey and I thought he was crazy. Well we moved out to Hillsboro area and I finally saw the rabbit. It is nice to know a little bit of its history but it still is a funny thing to see.