Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Harrison's Vacation Day 3


TUESDAY
On Tuesday of my sisters visit we decided to go and stalk the famous family from the television show, “Little People, Big World.” Their farm is located in Hillsboro. I do not have satellite TV like my sister does but I have seen the show a couple of times whilst I have visited her. So I really do not have anymore info on the show or family then that. However if you are interested here is a link to there site. http://mattroloff.com
We were sad to say that their farm, however, was not open. I guess they are only open during pumpkin season. So we got a couple of distant pictures of the farm. Will and I think we will try and go back during the open season. Just to make Bre and my Mom who is also a big fan of the show jealous. (Evil laugh here)


Road Side America
Whilst my sister was here she found a website that had very random things to see in the US and here was one of them just in Aloha. Ed Harvey is a big man with a rabbit's head. It guards the entrance to Harvey Marine, outside of Portland. For more information on Ed Harvey the very giant man with a rabbit's head here is a link. The story is actually quite funny. I would say worth the time to read. http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2191

Burger King

After our fantastic journey to the Roloff farm and to see Ed. We were all quite hungry so we stopped at the nearest Burger King we could find, which luckily was just down the street from Ed. I snapped these very funny pictures of Ethan. He seemed to be very wound up this particular day. Which made for some really funny/cute pictures.



Portland Japanese Garden

After lunch we headed to the Portland Japanese Garden. So here are some pictures of that excursion.

Portland Classical Chinese Garden

Once we were done with that garden we decided to head over to the Chinese Garden. My camera battery died so I have only a few pictures of this garden. Which I have to say is my favorite of the two. Oh well that's life.Joshua was so tired after the Japanese Garden that he fell asleep in the car on the way to the Chinese Garden. That is a push-pop in his mouth. The kids were driving us crazy so we bribed them with candy. Hey it worked the ones that were not tired enough to sleep were to busy sucking on the sucker to make much noise.

Stay tuned for the continuation of the Harrison's trip.

Only one more days worth of pictures left!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

That picture of Josh with the push-pop in his mouth in priceless!!! Love it!

Linds said...

Ethan cracks me up. I love those silly pictures of him. And I LOVED the picture of Josh with the push-pop way too cute. I also read the story of Harvey the rabbit-man. And I have to say, he kind of freaks me out.

Holly Lujan said...

We are BIG Little People, Big World fans! We went to the farm the first year we lived here, but didn't make it out last year. They live very close to my sister and we plan on going this year. I suggest going during the week and not on the weekend because it gets CRAZY busy and you have to wait in line for hours!

Melissa Turner said...

Wow, it is fun reading about all the things you have done. Very cute pictures.