My sister (BreAnna) and her family came this last week to visit. They wanted to see Portland one last time before we depart home to Utah in a couple of months. We had a fabulous week full of fun. My sister is a what I like to call a "Go go go person" which can be tiring but I do love her. She likes to see and do all that is conceivably possible so I have a ton of pictures to show for it all. So I have decided to break them up into a couple of blogs.


There's my Joshua and his huge smile.
Being adventurous we all headed down to wade in the water a little.
As some of you know this is our last couple of months here in Portland so I have been trying to have no regrets. I am trying to see and do everything that I possibly can before we leave. So I actually went close to the falls. I know that may not seem like a big deal but it was for me. This waterfall actually has been my least favorite of them all. I always just stayed on the path which is a good 50 yards away never bothering to take the effort to go any closer. But I had this urge to go closer, then thinking to myself this is probably the last chance you will ever have. I took the little steep, slippery rocky path down to the waterfall. I then walked up to the lapping water pool as you can see in this photo of Will and Ethan. I was then stunned and awe inspired in that moment to be so close to something so powerful. The water that was coming down was so powerful it felt as though it was pulsating through me. I was so amazed at this creation that my Heavenly Father had made. What an amazing experience. I am so glad I went with that impulse.
Bridal Veil Falls
Just my handsome boys
We had a wonderful Sunday together visiting and touring the falls. I also got the opportunity to drag my sister to church. I am so glad she came it was fun to show her off and introduce her to all of my friends. Thanks for coming Bre! Stay tuned for the rest of the saga.



3 comments:
Cute pictures. I wish someone would come visit us. Boo hoo! Oh, well! I can't wait to see more. It looks like you had fun.
Bre's girls look just like her. I am proud of you for going out of your comfort zone. I am excited for you to return to Utah even though I know you will miss Portland.
Wish I could have come too for one last trip to see the Portland area. But I am ecstatic to have you all back home in Utah. Loved the pictures. Post some more! Give those boys a hug from me. Love to all of you.
Post a Comment