Those of you who know me know that I am insanely obsessed with the Twilight series as well as anything from Stephanie Meyer. Others of you may also know that on Friday night (08/01/08) at midnight (I guess 8/2/08 morning technically) there was a Breaking Dawn release party across the nation. This is the fourth and final book in the series. Border's bookstore in Gresham just happened to be hosting one of these parties. Naturally, I had to go.
Luckily, I called ahead to find out that we actually needed to show up that morning to get some pre-entrance bracelets to guarantee us a place in line. Glad I called.
Here we all are in line to get our bracelets.
This is our group. We chose the name "Team Edward Mom's". "Team Edward" because we are in love with Edward from the books, and "Moms" because, well, that's a given. You may note all of our matching shirts. Amy's fabulous Mother-in-law (seen two pictures below) made these t-shirts for us. I think she was almost as gitty as we were. On the front is the Breaking Dawn book cover with the words, "Edward and Bella Forever" below, and on the back (see below) is our "Team Edward" logo! So this is (from left to right) Amy, Challene, Holly, Becki, and Lindsey.
And the backs. Pay no attention to Becki cupping the bum of Amy, nor of Amy backhanding my bum. It was girls night after all and we got a little wild.
Here's Kerry (Amy's Mom-in-law) with the group. She even brought us all delicious double chocolate chip cookies! Aren't we cute? Thanks Kerry, we L-O-V-E our shirts.
Last but not least, here we are again. We had such a blast that night. The party started at 9:30 but our night started at 6:00! We went to dinner and did a little shopping before the party began. Hey, we were already in a mall, what did you expect? We got there shortly after 9:00 for the party and chit-chatted for a while. At 9:30 we got right into the swing of things. The place was packed with Junior High and High School kids... and us. They started with a round of Twilight based trivia, which nearly killed me. I answered the first question which was nice, but they wouldn't call on me after that. I won a Breaking Dawn button and some stickers.After trivia, they had a little debate as to who Bella should end up with at the end of this book. After what seemed like a long while of listening to the "children" make their case for Bella staying with Jacob and after some down right peer-pressure from my friends, I got up and laid it out that Bella should be with Edward and only Edward. Well, maybe it was more of a rambling, but I got up just the same!
After that they had a costume/t-shirt contest. So what do we do? We get up there like we're models and strutted our stuff down a catwalk. Word on the street was that we ran down the catwalk, more-or-less. Regardless, the crowds loved us! We won first prize in Team T-Shirts. For the TEAM prize we got two CDs of unknowns, a single posture of Jadis-The White Witch of Narnia (we gave this to Lindsey's husband Jared who apparently has a little crush on her), some candy, a button, and some stickers.
Then we had a count-down as if new years eve, and then we got our books! Best girl's night ever!!!!!!
I finished my book last night at 3:00 a.m. Can you say, "page turner?" It never went the direction I expected it too. Plus, it had a happy ending, which I love! Bravo Ms. Meyer, bravo!
transc: wdg

7 comments:
My Google Reader informed me that you had updated your blog and even before I looked I KNEW that it was a "Breaking Dawn" post! It totally makes me laugh to see how obsessed you are! (although you are totally wrong about who Bella should end up with! - Jacob is SO much better for her!) I just finished reading "The Host" and I can't wait to get started on this new one! Glad you guys had so much fun!
Oh, Katie, you have no idea what you've done by saying that!
-Will
It was the BEST! I loved it. Make sure you check my post. And BTW it's not a Jadis from Narnia poster. Yuck! It's Cate Blanchet as Queen Elizabeth. Jared likes Cate, not that other chick. Just to clarify for his sake.
LOVE IT! I kind of feel like I am coming down from some big high over the past couple of days. I wish we could do it all again!
So glad we did that! I will NEVER forget that night!
I'm finally going to get the books and read them. There's so much hype now, that I hope I will love them too.
Sounds like you guys really went all out. I have just started the book and since I read all the other books while we were still in Portland for some reason reading the book is bringing back lots of memories of being in Portland. I think about you guys all the time and would love to have celebrated with you.
Post a Comment