So I am really not trying to brag it is just the truth, I have the BEST HUSBAND EVER!! Out of appreciation of all the sacrifices and hard work of taking care of our children while Will was in school, he (Will) decided to give me a wonderful SURPRISE VACATION. Boy did I have him fooled, because even though it was at times really hard it also was a really great time. So Will who never takes time off of work and I mean never! Well, unless he is absolutely ill. Anyways Will took two days off, and this is what we did. First off I knew something was up because a couple days earlier I had been bugging him about his birthday and what he wanted to do for it. I wanted to get somebody to watch the kids while we went and spent a night somewhere... anywhere. I didn't care I just wanted/needed some time with him. You know with out the screaming/demanding kids. Love them to death, truly I do. Anyways so he just kept trying to change the subject but finally getting frustrated and telling me we can't because he had a surprise date for me planned on Monday. So of course after that I kept grilling him and asking what we were doing and he would not for the life of me tell me what it was. So all I knew was that he had Monday off and we were doing something around 1pm. Finally Monday rolls around and I was so so anxious I didn't know what we were going to be doing. So 1pm finally rolls around and we were off, first to my pleasant surprise we dropped the kids off at his parents and then again we were off and I didn't know where. Finally after what felt like a long ride which really was not I just was anxious we finally arrived at a theater. He took me to see The Yes Man, with Jim Carry. Yea, I felt dumb. Here I was all anxious and we were just going to a movie.
The movie was okay, it had one really funny part and the rest was just entertaining, well other then a couple crude parts which I could have done with out.Next we had a little time before our dinner reservations so we hit a couple of local shops before dinner. One was a little boutique the other a furniture shop. Then we went to Jasoh for dinner it is a restaurant in Ogden.
Again it was okay. You who know me well know that I am a very picky eater. What I have figured out from this evenings food is that I do not like what I would call stuck up food or fancy food some might say. I like regular old food. They had stuff like duck, lamb and yak. I just want chicken, beef or maybe even pork. So sorry just not my thing. But I loved the time with my Hubby.After we were done at the restaurant we got in the car of course and this was the funniest part. Here is what happened Will started to fuss with his seat. I really didn't think anything of it at first but then he pulled over and got out that's when he pulled out a Michael Bubble CD that he had bought me. I don't know you probably had to be there but I just started to laugh. It was like a Magician pulling something out of his hat. So of course I was like what else are you hiding under there. I am sure you had to be there but we had a good laugh.
And last but not least we took a really long ride up to Providence Utah (it's just south of Logan) and spent the night at this quaint little INN called the Providence in. Here is a link if anybody is interested. http://www.bbonline.com/ut/providence/ On the way I started to wonder where on earth we were going, we just kept driving and driving so of course I started to ask. He at first denied all question but soon filled me in that we were spending the night somewhere. At this moment I had this really sad feeling come over me and it was that I wasn't going to see my kids that night. I just was not prepared for that. I almost started to cry. So I pulled myself together not wanting to freak Will out and just reminded my self that this is what I had been wanting and of how nice this was going to be.


We had a really nice evening. I would recommend this place, it was quiet, they served us cookies and hot chocolate, popcorn and free movies. And I can not forget the huge breakfast we got. I had a really, really great time. I wished I was still there. Which of course is way ironic because I could hardly stand it this morning I wanted to see my boys so bad.
Oh and I got a dozen red roses also. Thanks Will I had the best time! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:
I was wondering what the surprise was so I'm glad you blogged it. sounds like a wonderful day and night Will is such a great guy what a romantic!
Wowee! That's some date. Will is such a romantic. Again, tell him to give Jared a few tips. Not that Jared is bad, he just needs a few pointers.
How cute! I love that. I know of that Inn, I have always wanted to go there. Go to know that it is so nice. I will let Tom know. ;-)
Wow! How romantic. I'm totally going to check that place out.
So cute!!! And romantic! Glad you guys were able to get away for a night!
I LOVE the Providence Inn! We stayed there a couple years ago for our anniversary. The breakfast was amazing.
Wow! That is sweet.
Post a Comment