Friday, January 9, 2009

Chrstmas Day 2008!

Christmas Day!
So after the kids crashed after the festivities on Christmas Eve, Challene and I set to work. I'm very grateful that most of the stuff was put together before this night. It would have made for a very long evening. Fortunately for me, I have a wife with the foresight of a clairvoyant.

Looks great, eh?
BIG WHEELS!!! Given the incredible memories I had as a kid with a Big Wheel, we just had to get the kids one! It was a hit. Now they just need to grow several inches more so they can ride them properly.

I suppose this Christmas was one based on nostalgic fodder for Challene and I. The Big Wheels and now the bouncing horse. The nice thing about this horse: No exposed springs with which to snag your skin. The horse is padded so you can ride as rough as you want without repercussions... bareback even!
Like I said, riding it properly wasn't really an option at this time, but Ethan and Joshua, I believe, are really stunt-men at heart. I mean... look at him go!

We didn't get Joshy stuntin', but he's always good for a funny picture.

Beyond the contemporary updates, this horse makes galloping sounds and talks. It's a little hypersensitive, though. Some nights, we hear galloping sounds coming from downstairs. It's kind of freaky. Then you hear, "I'm a little pony. Clippity-Clop, Clippity-Clop. Such a pretty pony. Clippity-Clop, Clippity-Clop." Kind of eerie!


DINOSAURS!!! Yes, even these were somewhat reminiscent. Remember...



"I'm da baby! Gotta love me!"
Oh man, that's so classic!
Challene braved Black Friday to pick up this little gem at RC Willey for a measly $20. It's a giant novelty piano. Where's the childhood nostalgic heart twang for that? I give you....
TOM HANKS!



Trust me, the first thing I did with that piano was play chop-sticks!


What to do after a big day of presents? Take a nap and eat your own toenails, duh!

We hosted Christmas for Challene's side this year. It was nice to have it at our house. Mostly because we didn't have to risk our lives getting here like everyone else did. It was certainly a white Christmas.

Save the Cheerleader, save the world?
Precious... so precious.

Ethan finally crashed. He was watching Horton Hears a Who (another tid-bit from my past) and being very quiet about it. Finally, we walked over and saw him sleeping like this. I wonder if there will come a day where he will keep his pants on? Only time will tell.

My precious wife got me seasons 2-4 of The Office for Christmas. She did good.

4 comments:

Linds said...

What a fantastic Christmas. And I loved seeing more pictures of your house. Can't wait to see it in person.

MotherBeck said...

Will I can always tell when it's you blogging (even without the wife references) You really are funny. It looks like you had a great Christmas!

Monica said...

What a fun christmas and it sure does bring back memories for me of the, "Big Wheels!" I'm glad that boys had a lot of fun. Such cute pictures of them.

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

Hopefully the day that Ethan decides to keep his pants on coincides with the first day of Kindergarten.

Quinn

Oh, and I would be happy to make you some backup copies of season four of The Office. For your protection, in the event of a burglary or housefire only, of course.