Christmas Decorating
We waited a while before we decorated the house. The kids really enjoyed it when we did, though. The pictures here will show just that.
Who'd've thunk a simple snow globe/music box could be so much fun? I suppose this was the first real Christmas that the boys could enjoy. Last year, Ethan was really into it, but became quite ill on Christmas Eve and ended up being sick the whole time. This time, they were both healthy and ready to celebrate.
Joshy in particular had to make sure that the tree was perfect.
Yes, they took great pride in the tree... until Joshua got a hold of a vacuum attachment and decided to use it as a baseball bat. I must give him kudos for such an accurate aim, but on the other had, he did 'splode an ornament. That wasn't the last time either. Three of our ornaments fell victim to Joshua's antics at one time or another. Also, an ornament at our friends the Turner's house bit the dust when Joshua, wearing his baseball goggles again, decided to pitch it across the room.
It is tradition each year for my family to spend Christmas Eve together. We opted, this year, to have our celebration in a church instead of cramming all 23 (or so) of us in someone's house.

We started with the program and ate afterward. Typically, we do it just the opposite, but this year was full of changes!
Grandpa Green really got into icing cookies. Poor Ethan had to wait for Grandpa to hand over the red icing. Poor, patient Ethan.
Joshy got a little Fatherly for Dillon.
One of the benefits of having the Christmas program/dinner in the church gym? Dodgeball. It got a little rough for the young'uns, but fun was had all around.
Then we had a Christmas Miracle! Joshua, my little man, snuck some broccoli. Once confronted, he popped it in his mouth as if caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He actually loved it. What a weirdo! He's like that, though. Ethan is our carbohydrate man and Josh is our veggie/fruit lover!
Some of the fun.
Shane showing off his Simpson's DVD. I already have that one, or he may have found it missing later in the evening.
What's a Christmas party without karaoke?
Ethan and Joshua got some special Christmas books.
Plus, they got crayons and a coloring book.
Don't forget the Christmas pajamas.
Nothing says Christmas like Lightning McQueen... KaChow!
I feel it must be mentioned that I, William Green, won two of the three contests had at the party. The first was a general Christmas knowledge trivia challenge. I decimated the competition with a 17/20, with the next highest being 12/20. For the prize? A specialty carmel (caramel?) apple from the... specialty carmel apple store in the mall. This apple was a granny smith with a rather healthy layer of caramel, followed by a thin (but luscious) ply of divinity. Finally, it was capped by a hard shell chocolate dusted with cinnamon and sugar. I fancy myself a lover of all things carmel apples and was grateful for the prize.
The second contest was a Christmas music contest. I didn't even place. The third, though, was a test of the Twelve Days of Christmas song. You simply had to name each gift for each day of Christmas. I won with 9 of the 12. I missed one and the rest were all off. Well the prize for that? The same carmel apple. Had I known then that this carmel apple would be the most exquisite, succulent, most desirable of all carmel apples, I wouldn't have given it to the runner up.
CURSE MY MORAL FORTITUDE!!!!!
And that was our Christmas Eve.
The kids were so zonked out by the time we got home we didn't even have them set out cookies and milk. Don't worry, Challene and I did.












4 comments:
Sounds like a yummy caramel apple. I personally like the "apple pie" ones from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Co. Caramel, white chocolate and rolled in cinnamon and sugar...yum!
So fun! It's so nice to spend the holidays with family. And I can't believe how big the boys are getting. We miss you guys!!
I love it that Ethan is still going around in his undies. I swear Sam would love to do that too. Miss you guys!
That is a ton of things to do all on Christmas Eve but it sure does sound like fun family traditions.
Post a Comment